Europejskie Forum Młodzieży (EFM) was founded in 1994 by the youth of the Ziemia Kłodzka region that was interested in European integration, social activities and local democracy. EFM was registered as an association in 1995 but the registration in the National Court Register has been in the year 2012.
Currently, EFM is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization which aims at implementing different projects for youngsters. The organization is both active at an international, European and national level. The general aim of EFM is to spread the impact of its projects beyond Poland’s border. Our activities include workshops and trainings, international youth exchanges, European Voluntary Service, national and trans-national youth initiatives, conferences, seminars, job shadowing, study visits, feasibility visits, open air music events designed to effectively tackle the concerns of young people and the local communities, non-formal educational work camps for Polish youngsters.
The main goals of EFM organization are:
1. Providing non-formal education to the local youth within the spirit of European citizenship;
2. Involving young people in managing activities developed with them in mind;
3. Activating youth through encouraging them to develop their interests outside of school and take part in the life of their community;
4. Promoting intercultural non-formal learning;
5. Including youngsters with fewer opportunities in international projects;
6. Encouraging the involvement of the regions, municipalities and civil society actors in European non-formal education activities.
EFM has managed to build a strong network of partners in Europe and together we aim at encouraging youth work, volunteering and mobility through international projects. Our partnership network includes already 28 European non-governmental and non-profit organisations concerned with youth and European citizenship. Also EFM cooperates with many organisations and institutions from different countries in the world other than European (Africa, Asia, Caribbean and Latin America).